Additional Content Download
In this interview, Glenda Parata, Director, NZ Defence Shared Services, explores how NZ Defence Force is focusing on leadership, continuous improvement and lean concepts to drive transformation and lessons learned through business excellence to date.
In this interview, Glenda Partara, Director, NZ Defence Shared Services Group , explores the tools her team is using to expand the scope of their shared service, the lessons learned from their journey to date and the steps they are taking to provide more value through shared services beyond cost savings.
The importance of people in back-office transformation: how to create a high performance culture that embraces innovation and change
In New Zealand, banking giant ANZ has undergone massive business transformation over the last three and a half years, focusing on simplifying its processes and systems in order to become more efficient.
In this article, Michael Bullock, Chief Operating Officer at ANZ New Zealand, shares the core elements of ANZ New Zealand’s business transformation strategy and how it is reducing costs and increasing productivity across the business.
In this video transcript, 3 diverse organisations at different stages of the shared services journey explore how their organisations are approaching business transformation to drive operational efficiency and the lessons learned from their journeys so far.
- Early Phase: Paul Duldig, Head of University Services, The University of Melbourne
- Mid Phase: Theresa Kim, Group Manager, Shared Services, New Zealand Post
- Advanced Phase: Rhonys McDowall, Manager, Finance Shared Services Australia, Incitec Pivot
Standardising and Harmonising Basic Processes to Increase Service Quality, Productivity and Reduce Costs
- Understanding the difference and benefits between standardisation and harmonisation
- Developing processes within budget that consistently deliver performance
- Benefiting from developing and implementing a holistic business process management approach
- Exploring non-cost related benefits of standardisation and harmonisation
- Benefitting from economies of scale through standardised and integrated procurement tools
- Creating a strong ‘family’ culture holistically across the business
- Leveraging digital technologies and automation to increase the efficiencies of your back-office processes
- Developing a roadmap of which processes/technologies to prioritise
- How to keep your digital capabilities aligned with those of your offshore teams
- Focusing on the key goals to create better customer outcomes and higher quality outcomes with lower costs going forward
- Developing a continuous improvement culture
Building Engagement, Capability and Capacity to Drive Continuous Improvement within the Finance Team at the Department of Internal Affairs
- Exploring how we went about building a Lean culture from scratch
- The key projects in the Procure to Pay and Lead to Cash areas where we used Lean to deliver significant process time and cost savings
- How we used a common language for driving performance improvement across the finance team
- Discussing how we moved to developing improvements based on understanding the problem rather than having a great solution
In this video interview, Gary Downes, Former Transformation Director Global Finance, Serco, explores the key strategies transformation leaders should consider to drive efficiency and reduce costs through transformation.
The evolving nature of business transformation: keeping up with the pace of change - insights from Transpower New Zealand and Wellington City Council
For the 6th year running, SSON is hosting the Annual Business Transformation Summit in Auckland New Zealand from the 28-29 September. While driving efficiency through shared services will still be a core area of focus, this year for the first time the program has been expanded to explore strategies, lessons learnt and big wins in new topics such as process excellence, Robotics Process automation (RPA), AI and data analytics.
In this article, SSON caught up with two of the key speakers to gain a better understanding of their transformation journeys to date and the key lessons other New Zealand organisations can learn from their transformation projects.